No description.Please update your profile.
Amirthi Zoological Waterfalls are situated in the premises of Amirthi Zoological Park in Vellore near Yelagiri. The place is enchanting to look at, owing to the natural beauty and clear water cascading from a height. The waterfalls can be reached through a trek of 1.5 kms.
Moksha Vimochana Temple was founded by a saint and dates back to 14 years. Located near the Nilavoor Lake, the temple displays example of the local architecture with tiled roofing. Folklore legend states that by continuously praying at the temple for a period of 42 days, devotees can get rid of their sins. The ambience near the temple is quiet calm and serene and a lot of visitors come here to relax in the serene atmosphere of the place.
Timing, fees and Operating hours :
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
Public Holidays: 8:00 AM -8:00 PM
Situated close to the Nilavoor village of Tamil Nadu, The Nilavoor lake is a beautiful artificial with turquoise waters and green surroundings. It is becoming a popular summer retreat for travellers in Tamil Nadu. The lake is a secluded haven and most preferred for boating and nature walk.
It reflects the vibrant beauty of the thickets of trees that outline the shimmering waters of the lake. There is also a Thambiran Lotus Pond constructed near the lake adds to the charm of the lake and attracts many visitors to the place. Sometimes when the water level in the lake is low, you can also see rocks at the bed of the lake.
The Amma temple near the lake is cherry on top with its serene beauty and peaceful aura. There is a superior garden right opposite to the lake where you can venture which is well-manicured and makes for a perfect picnic spot near the Nilavoor Lake. The hills present in the backdrop of the lake make for an awe-inspiring sight.
Boating has become the main attraction of the place due to its beautiful surroundings and calming waters. There is a boating house near the lake which provides several boating options to travelers. The beauty of the lake increases multifold during dusk and dawn and you will be thrilled to discover more wonderful sights at and near the lake on a family trip to the Yelagiri Hills.
How to Reach Nilavoor Lake :
The Yelagiri bus stand is well-connected to nearby places like Tirupattar, Ambur, Harur, Natrampalli, and Vaniyambadi. The bus stand is about 4.5 km from the lake. There are many auto rickshaws available from the bus stand to visit the lake. You can also choose to hire a cab for a more comfortable journey.
Best Time to Visit Nilavoor Lake.
The best time to visit Nilavoor lake is from April to June and October to December.
Summer Season: During this time of the year, the weather is quite delightful and it will significantly enhance your experience of visiting the Nilavoor lake. The surroundings of the lake in summer is characteristized by lush greenery and flourishing vegetation. If you visit in May, you can also witness the Yelagiri Summer Festival at its full swing.
Winter Season: From October to December, the winter season brings an ethereal charm to the hills of Yelagiri. The winter days feature mellow warmth of the sun which will add to your experience of visiting the lake. You will see a verdant spread of greenery all around the lake. The surroundings of the lake become extremely enchanting during this time.
What Not to Miss at Nilavoor Lake
1. Punganur Lake: The lake is one of the marvelous human-made lakes in Yelagiri. The beautiful lake sprawling in an area of 57 square meters. It is replete with gardens and pathways making for a beautiful track for morning walks. The lake provides an excellent atmosphere for a lazy stroll around the natural beauty and thrilling boat rides. A lot of adventure and sports camps happen near the lake frequently so come prepared with your best sports gear and an adventurous spirit.
2. Velavan Temple: The small temple is perched upon a hill which is surrounded by lush greenery from all sides. The main deity of the temple is Lord Murugan. Thousands of devotees come to the temple to worship Lord Murugan and attain salvation. There is a statue of Ghatotkach at the entrance of the temple. Apart from Lord Murugan, the idols of Lord Ganesha are also present in the temple.
3. Jalagamparai Falls: The majestic falls are a result of river Attaaru running through the Yelagiri hill valleys. You will have to trek uphill to the waterfall, which is a thrilling experience for adventure enthusiasts. The roaring water gushing down the rocky cliff is like a musical to the ears. Locals believe that the water has medicinal properties and cures sickness. The waterfall provides peaceful moments away from the humdrum of daily life.
4. Swamimalai Hills: The magnificent Swamimalai hills are a joy the adventure-hungry souls. The strenuous trek up the majestic hills is replete with enthralling experiences. You will be mesmerised by misty clouds, lush greenery, and the abundant natural surroundings of the hills. The destination holds equal grandeur. There is a glorious Shiva Temple at the zenith of the mountain. The diverse flora and fauna of the place make it an ideal backdrop for photography.
Other Essential Information About Nilavoor Lake
Location: It is located in Yelagiri district of Tamilnadu.
Timings: The boat ride is available from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The lake is open on all days.
Fee: The entry to the lake is Rs. 10, and you’ll have to pay a minimum amount to enjoy the amusement rides. Boating charges are Rs. 50/10 minutes.
Boating experience at Nilavoor lake
The boating experience at the Nilavoor lake is entrancing. The splendid vistas offered by the majestic green mountains surrounding the Nilavoor lake are a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As you go further towards the centre of the lake, you will feel the light pats of fresh air from the valley on your face. The boating ride is not only a memorable experience to have with your family but also a rejuvenating activity to partake in with your friends.
There is a boathouse near the lake from where you can rent boats and it provides several boating options to travellers. You can choose row boating or paddle boating in the lake. The boathouse provides the rower, but you can also choose to row the boat yourself on request. The price of the boat ride is only Rs. 50 per person for 10 minutes.
Note: Keep in mind that every boat has space for only five people, including the rower.
Places to Eat Near Nilavoor Lake
1. Food Corner: It is a small restaurant in the Nilavoor village known for its delicious food and charming ambience. It is an ideal place for having light snacks and refreshments before and after a trip to the lake. The restaurant serves mouth-watering pure veg food to its guests.
2. Ambur star biryani: The restaurant is considered an old-hand at Biryani. It serves different varieties of Biryani to travellers. They have professional service in place, and the ambience of the restaurant is also pleasant. The prices are also reasonable for the quality of food served by the restaurant.
3. Nilgress Restaurant: The restaurant is one of the best in the remote region. The small restaurant serves both veg and non-veg food. The food served is tasty, especially the chicken curry, which is loved by most tourists. There is a modest décor inside the restaurant, which will add to a fine dining experience.
4. Peters Park Restaurant: The restaurant is famous for the variety of dishes available for all options- be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The restaurant serves a mouth-watering buffet to the guests on request. The interiors of the restaurant are classy, and you will have a great time dining at this place.
Tips Before Visiting Nilavoor Lake :
Be armored with a list of tips that will save you a lot of time and make your trip to the lake hassle-free:
1. Carry some warm clothes and light comforters as it gets chilly during the night. The days are pleasant, and you wouldn’t require warm clothes.
2. It will take 1-2 hours to enjoy your trip so plan your day before visiting.
3. There are food stalls near the lake, but it is advisable to carry some food items along with drinking water for convenience.
4. There are only a few petrol stations in Yelagiri hills, so get your fuel tank completely filled before starting your journey.
5. Be wary of your surroundings and take extreme care of children.
No description.Please update your profile.
© Copyright Clifftop Resort 2020. All Rights Reserved-Developed By - Gemicates